This is a listing of some of the articles and essays that Sabumnim Howard has written about the martial arts. Also, several students have written several papers here and there for various reasons. These can be downloaded in PDF format via the Downloads Page.
- Martial Arts for Self-defense MAWired, June 1997
For an updated version of this article, you are invited to take a look at this PDF document.
- Time Out for Injuries MAWired, July 1997
- Sparring: What is your Goal? MA Freeway, June 1997
- "DO" MAWired, Sept 1997
- Sabunim Who? MAWired, Feb. 1998
- Proof MAWired, June 1998
- 10 Year Black Belts MAWired, July 1998
- ICHF Seminar Review Seminar on July 10, 1998
- Black Belt Definitions... MAWired, February 1999
- Hapkido And Self-Defense MAWired, December 2000.
By Michelle Roemig, Introduction by J. Thomas Howard
- Hapkido History
This is a paper Sabumnim Howard wrote as part of the requirement for his first dan testing. It talks about how most of Hapkido's history is obscured, and can't be proven. We accept a lot on faith in Hapkido, it seems.
Copyright 1997, NHA.